Inspired by the Harlem Globetrotters

Powered by Blogger.
RSS

After Week 3



Major changes:

            I no longer plan to have a “routine” of tricks as my final product. As I have practiced the tricks individually, I have found that there is no real way to transition in between them smoothly. For example, there is no way for me to go from rolling the ball along my shoulders, to spinning it on my finger in one move. I have to catch the ball with both hands to create the necessary amount of spin on the ball to keep it on my finger for more than 2 seconds. Instead of a routine, I will just have to display the tricks by themselves.
            Also, my final product will be mostly based around spinning the ball off of my finger. In case you guys were envisioning my final product to be something else, I unfortunately have to say that I can’t do much off of rolling a ball along my shoulders or on my forehead (which I still have to start).
            This isn’t really a setback, but I haven’t experienced much improvement with spinning the ball on my right finger this week. My consistency and length haven’t improved that much. I can’t get a “good” spin that much more often, and there I can’t keep the ball on my finger for a considerably longer period of time.
            Now, to conclude this update on the lighter side:

            In a different sense, I have improved greatly in spinning the ball on my finger. I have found that I can do several tricks off of this one basic trick. These sub-tricks are what will compose most of my final product. I have been experimenting this week with these tricks. Here is a list of things I have tried, in descending order: spinning the ball a few feet in the air and catching it on my finger; spinning the ball on my finger and bouncing it a few times a couple inches in the air; spinning the ball on my left index finger; transferring the ball from one finger to the other; spinning the ball, dropping it, catching it back on my finger off the bounce and get it spinning again. I know these are confusing, but they will make more sense in my final product.
I have tried a few others, but I haven’t had enough success to even say that I have made any progress with them. With the inner roll and outer roll (I just started calling it that) I have improved slightly, but I haven’t made huge strides. I hope to perfect these tricks over my spring break in Brazil and I will check in with you guys then!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment